BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 9, 2011

Today.....I wanted you so much, it hurt.



         Today was just like any day. I woke up. I ate breakfast. I took a shower. I got dressed. I went through the motions as each hour came my way. But today...I wanted him so much, it hurt.....
   By him I mean the one I feel God has for me as my Life Mate. The one I''m not sure I've yet had the pleasure of meeting. I say Life Mate because I don't believe in finding one's Soul Mate. Growing up I had always read about, or watched in movies how in life once you were of a certain age, you started to look for your soul mate. The one who fit you perfectly. As I've grown up, I've come to realize that there is no such thing as a Soul Mate right off the bat. Society has planted this perfect person in our head, one of great beauty and incredible compatibility. The thing is, yes you will find your mate (or future spouse) beautiful and you will have to be compatible, but not the way the world has described. I had read a fiction book about wolves and the wolves spoke of Life Mates instead of soul mates. The wolves spoke about finding the partner that they wanted to spend their life with, the wolf that would be the best mate to have by their side. I loved how the book described it, because the same thing applies to us humans. I'm not saying that a couple can't become Soul Mates, but you don't enter a relationship thinking that you've found yours. You have to grow and  become Soul Mates. For example, when a man meets a woman and falls in love with her and comes to care for her more deeply than any other, choosing to marry her, they choose then to become Life Mates. As time goes on they learn more and more about each other. They become more intricately woven into one another. Another way to explain it is like this: Have you ever heard of or seen those Fruit trees (I'll use the pear trees for this example) that some people grow that produce several different types of pears? I can't for the life of me think of what they are called, but think of the man who falls for the woman as one kind of pear tree and the woman he falls for, as the other pear tree. When they decide to marry they are planted together into the ground as two completely different and separate trees, producing different kinds of pears. But as time goes on their roots grow longer and deeper and their roots stretch and weave, wrapping themselves around each other. They started off as two different trees(and still are) but over time, they become one. If you were to pull them apart after a certain amount of time having grown together, then it would be tragic for the health of them both. Their roots are too intertwined together now and they have stretched and formed around each other, leaning on each other. The two trees have become one. The couple, has become Soul  Mates. That is why I don't believe in finding your soul mate, I believe that you become (over time spent together) a soul mate with the person you choose as your life mate.
  I find it interesting how I can miss someone so much, that I've never met. That I miss someone that I've never spent hours talking, laughing, or crying with. I find it amazing that I can love that someone so...immensely, that I can ache not having him near me and if he is, not knowing it...
  If you are or will become a reader of my Blog, you will quickly find out that I'm a huge fan of  Rainer Maria Rilke and will quote him quite often ;) lol As I am about to right now. I think this poem fits this post well. Have a happy night, to anyone who comes across this post.

                                               -The Lovers-

            "See how in their veins all becomes spirit: in each other they mature and grow, like axles, their forms tremblingly orbit, round which it whirls, bewitching and aglow. Thirsters, and they receive drink, watchers, and see; they receive sight. Let them into one another sink so as to endure each other outright."

                                                                                     ~Rilke~
                                

5 comments:

Chasity S. said...

I agree with you on being Life Mates first and then becoming Soul Mates. I really liked your example of the two trees as one. (I can not remember what they are called either.) You have a beautiful way with words. :) Your Life Mate will be blessed to have you for you are a very amazing young lady. I too long for someone I do not yet know (Or do, but do not know he is "the one") and sometimes spend countless hours dreaming about him and spending the rest of my life with him. I get impatient sometimes but I know I need to let God write my love story and not me. Thank you for your post. :)

Skye said...

Thank you very much, Chasity :) Being an impatient person is almost painful when you're waiting on something/someone you care so much about, huh? lol I looked through your blogs and they are beautiful. I love the pictures you've taken as well, and you're most welcome.

Michelle said...

Skye, you are incredible! Its very rare to find a young woman with her head on straight, you are definitely a gem. This was written so beautifully and it is so very true! I've had that same feeling of finding my Life Mate, and hated trying to be patient. In the end I knew that God had a plan for me and it would come in time, but that still didn't help the feeling that much, although it was somewhat comforting ;). I love your perspective, on life and in photos, just beautiful. Keep on being your beautiful self and your Life Mate will find his way to you in no time!

Skye said...

Aw, Michelle. Thank you SO much <3 That really means a lot. Love you <3

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michelle. It's no fun waiting on the Lord sometimes, but it will be worth it in the end. I know you hate hearing this, but you are young and you have quite the list of what you would like for God to have worked in your future spouse. That means that "the one," will need some time to accomplish certain things before meeting you. He, like you, is growing like a young tree... maturing and getting ready to be the life partner you so long for and deserve.