BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 10, 2011

-Slumber Song-


                                 ~Slumber Song~

                         "Some day, if I should ever lose you, will you be able then to go to sleep without me softly whispering above you like night air stirring in the linden tree? Without my waking here and watching and saying words as tender as eyelids that come to rest weightlessly upon your breast, upon your sleeping limbs, upon your lips?
  Without my touching you and leaving you alone with what is yours, like a summer garden that is overflowing with masses of melissa and star-anise?"


                                                                                            ~Rainer Maria Rilke~
           
          

2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

How did you find Rilke? It is such a pleasure to stumble upon such beautiful writing.

Skye said...

I was reading a new book and one of the main characters quoted him again and again. I fell in love with Rilke's words so I started looking up anything written by him. Yes ma'am, I agree. *smiles softly*